Implementation of the European General Data Protection Regulation
In this article
- Does the GDPR apply to Swiss businesses?
- Cookie consent
- Anonymisation of IP addresses for Google Analytics
- Newsletter consent with the Double Opt-In Process
- Data Protection Statement
- Data Processing Agreement
- Additional Measures
Does the GDPR apply to Swiss businesses?
Integration of the Shop with iFrame
We have turned off this banner for customers, whom we know to integrate their shop into their own website using an iFrame. If you work with an iFrame and we have not turned off the anner, you can turn off the cookie banner in the manner described here.
Anonymisation of IP addresses for Google Analytics
Newsletter consent with the Double Opt-In Process
If you have activated the option for visitors to register for your newsletter, a Double Opt-In process is used. That means that the customer must first check the box for the newsletter and, after confirming the order, will receive an additional e-mail with a link to confirm registration.
Data Protection Statement
Contact details of the Data Controller and the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Statement must include the contact details of the website operator. If you have an internal Data Protection Officer, this person's contact details must be disclosed.
In the case of businesses outside the EU, there must be an additional point of contact in the form of a representative in the EU.
Model Data Protection Statement prepared by E-GUMA
It is important for you to enter the necessary contact details and click on Show Preview to verify the Data Protection Statement.
Learn here how to edit the Data Protection Statement.
Use of a pre-existing Data Protection Statement
E-GUMA offers several options for using existing Data Protection Statements.
- As text - You can copy the content of your existing Data Protection Statement directly into the field.
- As a PDF - You can upload your Data Protection Statement as a PDF
- As a link - You can enter the URL of your Data Protection Statement
Learn here how to enter your existing Data Protection Statement in E-GUMA.
Data Processing Agreement
- Appointing a corporate Data Protection Officer
- Auditing our Data Sub-Processors in respect of their processing of personal data
- Internal training for our employees